Tuesday 14 January 2014

Palindromically yoursruoy


I do enjoy word-play and puzzling over forms and constraints, and decided to see if I could write something where each line is a palindrome - here it is...

Raw war

Onward madam, draw no
foe tirades, used a rite of
live rats, reviled – deliver star-evil
‘til DNA-trades reversed art and lit,
trade idyll, Atropos’ deed - sop or tally, died – art
is aloof, fool as I
reign – I’d won, now dingier,
sit palsied, sup on Opus Dei’s lap, ‘tis
no mead, daemon –
Doges oppose God,
murmur ‘rum, rum’
to help pirates set a ripple, hot
redness emits part, traps time’s sender
turret-fast, fire no-one rifts after rut,
dire drum sees murder I’d
gunsling, nixing, nil snug,
Sten fires serif-nets,
pan sideways as, yawed, I snap,
raw war.

No comments:

Post a Comment