Friday 12 April 2013

NaPoWriMo day 12


NaPoWriMo day 12; The prompt – ‘honesty’, in particular, something you’d never say to someone. I was tempted to take either a relationship or employment-related approach but I’m pretty content with those to be honest… So, being terribly terribly British (cue ‘Brief Encounter’ accent) an’ all, I would of course never ask a stranger what they did – well, actually I would, but not if they were asleep…

Sleeper service

Who are you, sleeping on the train?
Slumped across a double seat,
Smartphone snoozing in your hand,
The other roughly scribble-inked,
They look a bit like prison tatts,
But are actually train times I think,
Scuffed brown rigger boots upon your feet,
Slot inside neat fashion denims,
Broken nails and rough-scarred arms,
The first from toil, the other from self-harm?
Stubble-faced, hair Grade 8 clipped,
Strange garb if you were out all night,
You look like an undergraduate
Part-timer on a building site.

No comments:

Post a Comment