Wednesday 17 April 2013

NaPoWriMo day 17


NaPoWriMo day 17. Following the valediction/farewell poem on day 6, today’s prompt is to write a poem of greeting; I’ve gone a little louchely beyond a simple ‘hello’ to a full-on moustache-twirling ‘helll-oooo!!!’

The Bawd and the Belly-dancer

Glorious curves,
You send sparks ‘long my nerves,
With your shimmy and wiggle and sway,
To those arabesque grooves,
Oh, your sinuous moves,
As you jingle your jangle my way.

Diaphanous veils,
Kohl-rimmed eyes, jewelled nails,
Hips shake and bells ring out their tune,
An erotic alarum,
Evoking the harem,
An odalisque-dream that’s come true.

Keeping time with the oud,
And darbouka-drummed mood,
I’m not sure who’s more all-of-a-quiver,
But the mixture of wine,
And incense divine,
Makes me stand up and want to deliver!

photo (c) Hafla Dancers, Kappa Fotografia, Medieval Divas

No comments:

Post a Comment